This archive contains a large collection of files from the response to the 2004 Boxing Day Asian Tsunami. Files on Sri Lanka include:
- Tsunami Evaluation Committee Synthesis Report – July 2006
- Very large collection of photos and video from the worst hit areas in Sri Lanka
- High resolution satellite imagery of the affected areas
- A large collection of aid appeals, UN, Government and NGO updates and press releases that went out at the time
- UN system sitreps (situation reports)
- Maps of Sri Lanka
- Several lessons identified and lessons learnt reports and studies from local and international agencies
More generally, the archive also contains:
- Large collection of high resolution satellite imagery of Banda Aceh (tsunami affected areas)
- Casualty figures by country
- Videos from some of the other countries hit by the tsunami
Click here to get the file.
Warning: This is a large file. At 483Mb, you will need a broadband connection to download this.